EU RoHS 2 Directive (2011/65/EU) came into effect for manufacturers on January 3, 2013. It introduced new requirements and is significantly more prescriptive than the original RoHS Directive.
- more products in scope
- mandatory requirements for conformity assessment and CE marking
- technical documentation
- a mechanism to add more substances.
- specific obligations for manufacturers, importers, and distributors.
ECD Compliance (ECD Technology Ltd.) has helped organizations with their RoHS compliance programs since 2003. We have the skills and expertise to help your organization become compliant to RoHS 2 and other environmental requirements.
We can help you achieve RoHS 2 compliance cost effectively. RoHS Compliance Services include
- Assessment and training for RoHS 2 Requirements
- Development of Conformity Assessment Procedures (EU Decision 768/2008/EC)
- Compliance assessment or compliance audit
- Compile Technical Documentation File (mandatory for selling product into Europe)
- Evaluation/audit of current compliance system and technical documentation file
- RoHS Testing (according to IEC 62321)
- Project Management
- Supplier/subcontractor assessment/audits
- Material Declaration requirements for Buyers/Internal Material Compliance Team
Medical devices and Control and Monitoring Equipment start to come into scope starting July 22, 2014.
An overview of changes in RoHS 2 are available here.
For a summary of RoHS 2 manufacturer obligations, click here.